MOTOR VEHICLE COLLISON
by Jeffrey J. Kroll
If you have recently been involved in a motor vehicle collision, you likely have numerous questions and concerns running through your mind.
A simple car accident can sometimes turn into a complex problem. While attorneys focus on cause of the collision and seeking out all potential reasonable parties, you need to focus on your recovery. The motor vehicle collision attorneys at Kaveny + Kroll can help you during these confusing times so you can focus on what is most important.
Having handled car accident cases and tried several to verdict, I have seen first-hand how a motor vehicle accident can have a rippling effect on a family. For example, following a collision, it is not unusual for one to be experiencing some or all of the following problems:
- Shoulder, neck and/or back pain: Pain in these areas of the body is not uncommon due to the force of the impact. Often, these injuries do not manifest at the time of the collision and can take hours, days, or even weeks to develop. Pain in these areas of the body can results from tissue damage, injuries to muscle, tendons or even joints.
- Swelling: Swelling often results from tissue damage. Once again, swelling may take days to fully manifest itself.
- Bruising: Bruising will also potentially develop in a delayed manner following the occurrence of a soft tissue injury.
- Dizziness: Often times, dizziness will occur with the shaking of the head. Following a collision, dizziness can be a sign of a whiplash injury or even a concussion. Often, it is accompanied by blurry vision.
- Abdomen or chest pain: It is not uncommon to experience abdomen pain or chest pain following a collision as a result of wearing a seat belt. Persistent pain in this area can be a sign of internal bleeding and should be immediately brought to the attention of a healthcare provider.
The injuries resulting from a car accident often depend on the nature of the accident. If any of these symptoms persist, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
The questions pertaining to insurance, the severity of your injuries and potentially the claims process can add unnecessary stress for you while trying to move forward from this life altering event. When questioning who is at fault for the crash and the cause of your injuries, it is advisable to consult with a car accident lawyer to ensure your rights are protected. Learn how the car accidents attorneys at Kaveny + Kroll might be able to help by reaching out for a free consultation today.